Monday, July 18, 2016

'Great things await you'

Dear Family and Friends,

I cannot believe it is the 18th of July!! Where has this month gone?! I hope you all had an amazing week! :) 

I won't keep you all too long this week! Not a lot of crazy things happened besides the miracles that come everyday with being a missionary... It's my favourite thing in the world. :)

But, my biggest miracle for this week was Tadeusz! I just love that man. He is so incredible, and so spiritual - I just love being around him. This week we were able to talk with him a little bit more about baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and what it means to endure to the end. Or... as Tadeusz called it, "enjoy to the end". :) He is AMAZING! I can't say it enough. The lesson we had with him this week was an incredible spiritual one. As we were talking about enduring to the end, one of the things that was brought up was the temple. :) When he asked about the temple, we were able to tell him a little bit about it, and tell him that one day, because of him, his family will have the opportunity to be baptized and receive this gospel just as he will, and they will all be able to be sealed together forever... I wish I could have captured his face in the moment we told him that. :) It was so wonderful! I cried. Everytime we meet with him, and can't help but think of his family on the other side, just waiting for him... It is the most wonderful feeling. Tadeusz is still preparing to be baptized on the 13th of August, and I don't think we could be more excited for him!! :) Another miracle that happened with him, was yesterday, he came to church - but this time, he stayed for all 3 hours!!! He is incredibly shy around other people, so it was such a miracle!! And the branch just loves him.. He fits right in. :) 

I don't have many other stories from this week, but everyday is an adventure! I love my companions, I love this city, I love the people here, I love this gospel, and I love my Saviour Jesus Christ so much. 

I'll leave you all with a little spiritual thought, just because it has been on my mind CONSTANTLY this week. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get it out of my head. :) I want to share the words of one of my favourite hymns with you all...

  1. It may not be on the mountain height
    Or over the stormy sea,
    It may not be at the battle's front
    My Lord will have need of me.
    But if, by a still, small voice he calls
    To paths that I do not know,
    I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
    I'll go where you want me to go.
  2. Perhaps today there are loving words
    Which Jesus would have me speak;
    There may be now in the paths of sin
    Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
    O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
    Tho dark and rugged the way,
    My voice shall echo the message sweet:
    I'll say what you want me to say.
  3. There's surely somewhere a lowly place
    In earth's harvest fields so wide
    Where I may labor through life's short day
    For Jesus, the Crucified.
    So trusting my all to thy tender care,
    And knowing thou lovest me,
    I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
    I'll be what you want me to be.
  4. I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
    Over mountain or plain or sea;
    I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
    I'll be what you want me to be.
One thing that the Lord has taught me on my mission, over and over and over again, is that He has a plan. I have spent the last 9 months (and I'm sure I'll spend forever) learning how perfect it truly is. I have never had to trust in the Lord as much as I have on my mission, and it has brought me the greatest joy. One of my favourite things about this song, is it is not just for me as a missionary... It is for me even when I don't have this little black tag on. It is for all of us. Not just this song, but the Lord's plan. :) 
I've recently found a scripture that has become one of my absolute favourite's, and I will just leave you all with this:

"For verily I say unto you, that great things await you." (D&C 45:62)

And they really do. :) With the Lord as our guide, we will never wander. My lovely friend Janina told me a quote the other day from a verse in the Bible, that I just love - "Man says, 'Show me, and I will trust you." The Lord says, "Trust me, and I will show you.""

I hope you all have a wonderful week. :) You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Z miłością, 
Siostra Kamp







No comments:

Post a Comment