Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Light of CHRISTmas

Dear Family and Friends,

Dzień Dobry, wam!! :)
How are you all?! I hope you all are having the most wonderful Christmas season!! 

So many amazing wonderful things happened this week!! The Lord continually amazes me with all of the wonderful miracles He gives us every day. 

We were able to spend the first part of this week on exchanges with our lovely Sister's Dekker and Anderson! It was so wonderful to be able to serve with them here in Łódź for a couple days, and I learned so much from them! We were able to do so many wonderful things, but I think my favourite was being able to talk with people on the streets about this amazing "Light the World" program the church is doing this season. I was amazed at how many wonderful conversations we were able to have, and the light that came into the eyes of those we talked with. There is a light that comes out in everyone during the Christmas season... The Light of Christ. :) And how wonderfully fitting it is for this time of year! We are surrounded by so many lights during the Christmas season! Everywhere we look there are Christmas lights! But how wonderful it is, that those lights are there to remind us of something so much bigger. :) Our Lord and Saviour - the Light of the World. 

Siostra Van and I also went to see our lovely friends Edyta and Łukasz this week - and I. just. LOVE THEM. They are the most amazing people! Unfortunately we weren't able to meet with them, because they have a bad case of the Chicken Pox! But it was so wonderful to be able to talk and laugh with them for a few short minutes. I have never heard anyone laugh the way our friend Łukasz did when he found out we call them "Chicken Pox" in english! He was just dying laughing, and it made Sister Van and I laugh so hard! :) I love that little family so much, and am praying for them every day. 

The members of our little branch are so excited for our "Christmas Eve" party this week, and I just love seeing them so excited! In Poland, Christmas Eve or "Wigilia" is such a big tradition, and I cannot wait to experience it with them! :) The members here are the most wonderful people, and I have fallen in love with them. I don't know what I would do without them! They are incredible examples to me, and I admire them in every way. Their testimonies are so evident in all they do, and they have the biggest desire to share the happiness of this gospel with everyone they meet. It is something amazing, truly, and I am so grateful for them! :) They have fallen in love with this "Light the World" campaign just like I have, and each Sunday they come up to us and ask us for more pass-along cards to give to friends! The joy of Christmas, and the joy of this gospel is so contagious. :) 

You guys... I know this church is true, with everything I am. I owe everything I have to the Lord, and His perfect gospel - and I just can't express enough how lucky I feel to be a part of this all. :) How lucky we are to have His perfect example to follow, and His constant hand to help us as we stumble.   

A small scripture from this morning's scripture study:
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
Ether 12:4

May our faith lead us to good works that glorify our God and make our world a little better, is my prayer :) 

I apologize for this email being a little all over the place today, but I love you all, and wish you the happiest week!! :)

Z miłością, 
Siostra Kamp

The Christmas Market!

The cutest little Christmas shacks line the streets of Łódź during this time of year, and I love it so much :)



The giant Christmas tree by the Christmas market :) I'm in love!

Coming home from zone training! They keep us laughing. 

Our cute Warsaw Sister's came home to Łódź with us for a couple days! :) I love them!!

Sister Dekker loves her snowball candies! 

The adventure behind this photo... Priceless. When someone steals your whiteboard and chair...

Sister Anderson and Sister Dekker!! So grateful for them!!

My mom sent us the cutest ever Christmas countdown package!!! I'm so lucky. :)

The Elder's with the bread they bought that is as big as them. They were so proud!

Our cute new friend Viktoria just moved her from Hungary!! She is amazing!! :)


*Pictures from SiostraVan's email :)

*On the train with the Warsaw Sisters

*The elders  getting ready for street contacting

*Sister Kamp in her natural habitat – ordering pierogi and bigos🙂

*Elder Byrd talking to a man that always talks to us at our whiteboards and is consistently drunk, but I like this pic of them chatting heart to heart.

*Christmas lights we found in a cupboard! And stockings from Mama Kamp

*Our little baby Christmas tree

*My favorite Christmas decoration we found that the senior couple left in the apartment. It’s a porcelain angel, but I just love how sassy it looks. #goals

Elder Alvarez and Byrd!

No comments:

Post a Comment