Friday, March 10, 2017

Miracles of familiar faces!

Moi Drodzy,

Good morning!! It is a beautiful sunny day here in Bydgoszcz, and I am hoping it is the same for you all - wherever you may be! :) 

Not too many crazy things happened this past week, but there is still a lot to tell! 

We and the Elders were invited to be special guests at a high school this past Thrusday in a little city called Fordon. We were asked to put a presentation together about "the Life of an American Teenager" and teach 4 english classes of 16-19 year olds! I know!! Scary!! After that day, I have a new found respect for the high school teachers all over the world. They deserve some Polish ice cream... seriously! :) It was an adventure - but an EXTREMELY fun one! I actually had the opportunity to do the same thing a year ago at the exact same school, and it was so fun to go back! I recognized so many familiar faces, and they recognized me too! I was even able to take a photo with a few of them. :) It was such a blast! 

We had so many little miracles this week, and I couldn't help but be overwhelmed (again) with how good the Lord is to us. On Saturday we were on the beautiful bridge in Bydgoszcz with the Elders talking to everyone we could see about our family history program! It was AMAZING. Not only was it the most beautiful day ever (We were in short sleeves! In February! What!), but so many people were out and excited to talk with us! It was a little taste of summer - seeing all the wonderful people everywhere, each with an ice cream cone in hand! I also ran into my friend Artur that day - miracle!! He came to our english classes when I was in Bydgoszcz last year, but Elder Tufts had told me just a few weeks ago that he had stopped coming, and we needed to get in contact with him! Elder Tufts and I have been trying to contact him for the last few weeks, to no avail... but - TA DA! The Lord has a plan! I didn't even see him at first, but I bet you all can imagine my surprise when I heard a, "Hello, Alexis!" behind me and turned to see him! Was it weird to hear my first name? Yes. haha! But oh my was it a tender mercy! He told me he will be in English on Tuesday, and I can't wait! We also ran into our sweet members - The Kagele's, and it was so good to see them all! They are the best people in the world. I love them! 
Later that evening, I received several calls from sweet people we had met wanting to set up a meeting and work on their family history with us - and THAT was a miracle. I cannot wait for this upcoming week! 
There were just tender mercies all around that day! 

We had some other really fun times this week, and many other miracles, but I'm sure the photos I send will mention everything I don't have time for! :) 

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week! I pray for you every day, and love you all so much. I really hope you all know - I really can feel your prayers. Thank you SO much for them, and the love and support you all give to me each week. It means the absolute world! I love you!!

Until next week!

Z miłością, 
Siostra Kamp 

We taught the littles how to make American Pancakes this week, and they are professionals!!  :)


Getting ready for our classes!  "The Life of an American Teenager"

Running into the Kagele's (ft. Sister Kagele and Ella!)  I love this family!!

Fun at family home evening :)

Some of the familiar faces from the English class I taught last year!  Reunited!

Our sweet friend Agnieszka and her two kids, Tomek and Kasia, came down from Gdańsk to visit!  We love them!  Sunday dinner with them and our friends, Alicya and Asia was a must :)

No comments:

Post a Comment