Thursday, November 12, 2015

Krok po Kroku (Step after Step)

Dear Friends and Family,

Oh my goodness, I love you all! Your love and support means the absolute world to me!! :) Thank you for all you do for me, and for all the prayers :) I promise you that I can feel them every day :)

This week in the MTC was AMAZING! The MTC is so wonderful! It is everything I ever hoped it would be, and so much more!! The spirit is incredible here. Not a day goes by that I don't feel the love our Heavenly Father has for all of you, and all the amazing people in Poland. :) I know He is there, and I know He loves us all more than we could ever imagine!

I got a lot of questions about what I meant when I talked about having an investigator!! Okay, let me explain! :) So, I didn't know this at the time, but our investigators are actually our Polish teachers, and they pretend to be an investigator so we can teach them! But it is such a neat experience, because they pretend to be someone that they taught while they were in Poland on their mission! They ask questions like they would, they think like they would, they act like the would... It's amazing! But it is also wonderful because even though we now know that they are actually our teachers, we have developed a love for them not only as our teachers, but also a love for the person they are pretending to be. I love it! We teach real lessons, they ask real questions, and the spirit is felt so strongly!!  Siostra DeMourdant and I were teaching a lesson to our investigator, Karina, yesterday about Faith in Jesus Christ, and the spirit was just so strong in that room. There were times when "Karina" would get tears in her eyes, and we knew that was the spirit. :) I love being a missionary. My heart is always so full of love for everyone I see. I tried to love everyone I met even before I came on my mission, but I feel like the more I turn to the Lord and give my heart to Him, the more He gives me the ability to see others through His eyes. It is the most wonderful feeling. 

My district now has two Polish teachers (WHOO!!!) and we are learning Polish more and more everyday! It is so crazy to look back on the past two weeks and see how far our Polish has come! We work as hard as we can to soak in everything we learn, and are constantly practicing Polish, but we know that the reason we are able to learn so fast is because of the Lord. :) Our teachers are great! The first teacher we had ended up quitting, because we are so awful! No, I'm just kidding :) He got another job for the career he is majoring in, so we were so sad to see him go, but we know he will do amazing!! We love Brat Jensen. (Brother Jensen) :) Our two other teachers are Siostra Cheney and Brat Fotu!! Can I just say... I LOVE THEM. They are amazing. They are wonderful teachers for the language, but they also make sure we know that our purpose here isn't to learn Polish, it is to Invite others to come to Christ. :) We absolutely love them.

We have two investigators at the moment: Karina, and Sławek! They are so wonderful! We just met with Sławek for the first time on Tuesday, but I am so excited to continue teaching Him. He is so kind, and we love how excited he is to meet with us. :) Karina was very closed off at the beginning, and would hardly ever smile when we taught her. But now, it is AMAZING how the spirit has worked in her heart. She glows, and always has the biggest smile on her face when we teach her. :) I love seeing that light of Christ in her eyes. She is amazing. :)When we first began teaching our investigators, Siostra D and I would write out our lesson word for word and just read it to them. It was so bad! ha ha! But this week, we made it a goal to only write down a few key words for our lesson, and then teach the rest without notes! And you know what? We prayed and prayed to be able to do it, and guess what? It happened!! This last lesson with Karina, we wrote down maybe 10-15 key words, and taught the rest with just our brains and the spirit! Whoo!!! It was the most amazing lesson, too! It was all about Faith, and we even told her analogies (I talked about the lightswitch analogy that I said in my farewell talk) and Siostra D talked about this amazing ladder analogy, all mostly without notes! :) We were able to have a good conversation with Karina as well! We actually talked with her, not just to her. This gospel is true, the Lord answers prayers, and He loves all of us! He knows the desires of our hearts. :) This week, he has taught us that the best lessons aren't taught from one mouth to another, they are taught from one HEART to another. :)

 
Here at the MTC, if you are learning another language, they encourage you to SYL (which means Speak your Language) as often as possible! It is very difficult, but it has helped our Polish so much! Every sentence Siostra D and I say to each other has at least a few Polish words in it. It's so awesome. :) Whenever someone holds the door open for us, we always say thank you in polish and they look at us like we are crazy. ha ha! I love it!


Man, my emails are always so long... But I just have so much to tell you all! :) You know when you find a really good song, and you just HAVE to share it with everyone you can?! Well, that is how I feel about this gospel, and my experiences here! So please forgive me for how extensive my emails are! :)

You will never guess what we had for dinner on Monday.... CHICK-FIL-A!!!!!!!!! Oh heavens... I was about to cry a river of happiness! :) It was the BEST. DAY. (And all the missionaries in my zone that don't like Chick-fil-a sauce gave me their sauces... So I have a whole mountain of Chick-fil-a sauce in our room, which makes me so happy inside. :) ha ha!)

Siostra D says the best things ever, and I love her! Her current catch phrases are:
"That's a negative for Raquel!"
"Oh my LANTA!"
and then she always gives me directions (or gives herself directions... out loud... ha ha!) when we are following people like, "Veere! Follow!" 
Cracks me up! :) 
Our favorite thing to do is belt out every song from every musical we know, play "markerball" (basketball with markers), play volleyball at gym with our district (best thing ever) and just have the BEST day every day. :) She is the biggest blessing, and makes me laugh so hard my abs hurt every day! ha ha! I don't know what I'd do without her. :)

Anyways, I am out of time, but I love you all so much! Thank you for your support and love! Everything here comes step by step, little by little,but I absolutely love it. "By little things shall great things come to pass".The MTC makes me so happy, teaching the gospel I love makes me so happy, learning Polish makes me so happy, this whole gospel makes me so happy... Just being a missionary makes me SO HAPPY. :) I absolutely love it here, and am so grateful I still have 7 more weeks to soak in all this MTC GOODNESS! :)
I pray for you all, and all the people of Poland, every day! 
Try to find someone to serve today, it will make you so happy. :)

I love and miss you all!
∞,
Siostra Kamp


 Polish Girls at the temple :)

 It started snowing during class!!! Ahhh!  (even though you can't see the snow in the pic)

 We finally got bins for all of our Polish books!  (My teachers are happy because now the room is much cleaner! :)

Our Starzsy. :)  We love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment