Thursday, November 19, 2015

Peace

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was incredible! Every week I am here I think, "There is no way the MTC could get better than it was this week. No way." But somehow it always does. :)

Last Thursday, we had the opportunity to teach TRC's, which is kind of like "Visiting Teaching" or "Home Teaching"! We just taught a simple lesson on faith to a member of the Church (most of them served in Poland!) in Polish, and then we were able to get to know them, ask about the mission, hear stories about their missions, and so many other things! It was AMAZING! :) It made me so happy! TRC has become one of Siostra D and I's favorite things! AND we just found out this week that in a couple weeks we will be Skyping people in Poland and teaching them!!!!! Ahhhh!!! I am so excited! :)

The Polish is coming along really well! It is hard to learn, of course! But it is sooo rewarding! I love having to push myself. :) We have started learning cases in Polish this week, which is SO GREAT! Everything makes so much more sense now!! :) Polish is such an amazing language! Having to work so hard to learn just makes my love for the Polish people grow every day. Siostra D and I still try hard every day to speak to each other in Polish instead of English. It's amazing how much we know already! The Lord is definitely guiding us. There is no way we could do this by ourselves. :)

Siostra D and I were able to teach Relief Society this past Sunday! We taught on the Holy Ghost, and it was amazing. We are always very worried about how our lessons will go, whether we teach our investigators or Relief Society or just share a simple testimony to someone on the street! But they always turn out a lot better than we think they will. :) The Lord answers prayers, and we are so blessed with the Spirit here. There is no place like the MTC. :) Anyway, our Relief Society lesson went just swimmingly. :) I was so happy, because we taught on the Holy Ghost, so I was just hoping and praying that the spirit would be present in our lesson. Well, prayers are answered because not only was the spirit there, I don't think there was a dry eye in the room when the lesson was finished. :) It was incredible. But it had nothing to do with anything Siostra D or I did, it was all the work of the Spirit. The Holy Ghost is the real teacher. :)

So... We had an amazing guest speaker in our MTC devotional on Sunday!! His name was Greg Droubay, and he is the Media Marketer and Director of the Church! He surprised us with a little sneak peak to the theme of the Church's marketing for Christmas this year!!!!! I'm sure most of you remember last years theme: "He is the Gift" :) That one was AMAZING. But oh my lanta, this year's theme is perfect. He showed us the Christmas video, and the spirit was so strong. I don't think there was a single heart in the whole auditorium that didn't feel it! So... It will be released on November 29th!! Keep a watchful eye out for it, it will touch your hearts! :) I'm so excited for you all to see the video and know the theme!! christmas.mormon.org is where to go to find it! :)

Well, us Poles had the most wonderful lesson the other night about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our teacher asked us to describe what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is in one paragraph, which was pretty easy! Then she asked us to describe what the Gospel is in one sentence, then finally she asked us to describe it in one word. At first, I had no idea which word I could possibly say to summarize every aspect of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but once I sat there for a moment. The one word that came to my mind, was peace. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is PEACE. It is hope. It is the map that guides us to eternal life. Sometimes, I think I try to go too in depth about the gospel in my lessons with my investigators. There is just so much about the gospel that I know would bring them so much happiness! But, as I sat and thought about it the other day, I realized... Imagine how much our Father in Heaven knows. He is omnipotent. If He tried to give us all of His knowledge at once, we wouldn't be able to comprehend anything! Our minds can't handle all that knowledge yet. :) So... how loving is it of our Heavenly Father to give us exactly what we need, when we need it, and how we need it, little by little? He loves us so much that He is willing to be patient enough with us to only give us things step by step, krok po kroku. And it just hit me. Shouldn't I love my investigators like that? :)
Anyway, just a little thought that changed my perspective on some things. :) The Gospel is amazing. It is so simple, yet we could increase our knowledge about it forever. :) It is beautiful, because every aspect of it applies to everyone differently, at different points in their lives. The Book of Mormon is the same way. One day, I will read a verse of a specific chapter, then the next week I will read the same verse, and gain a completely new aspect of what the verse is saying. It's wonderful! 

Our lessons this week with our investigators have been so wonderful. Siostra D and I have gone into the lesson with only our Księga Mormona (Book of Mormon), Biblię (Bible), and an index card of how to say a total of five words!! It amazes me how much the Lord will guide our lessons if we put our trust in Him, and not ourselves. Our teacher told us, "If you want to know if you are teaching by the spirit, don't write a script and read it. Put your lesson in your coat pocket, and let the spirit do the rest." So, we did! And man, our lessons are sooo much more spiritual, and touch our investigators so much more now than they ever did with our scripts. With our scripts, we had perfect Polish because most of the sayings we said were taken right from our Preach My Gospel books, but our words weren't as sincere because they weren't OURS. Now, without the scripts, our Polish grammar may not be as good, we may not be as easy to understand, but our lessons are so much better. I've learned that the spirit is the best teacher. Everyone is the world may not be able to speak the same language, but... we all feel the same language- The Spirit. 

Well, that's about all I have time for, but I love you all and pray for you every day. :) I hope you all know the testimony I have of this gospel. This Gospel is peace. It really is. It is joy for the good days, and comfort for the bad ones. It is your flashlight when the power goes out. I know our Heavenly Father lives. He loves you all so much, and I can feel the love He has for you each time I write you all. The Book of Mormon is the true word of God, it is a testament of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He loves enough to have suffered and died for us. Because of Him, we don't have to be perfect. But through him, we can be. This church is true. God lives. I know it with every bit of me.

I hope you all have an amazing week!!
∞,
Siostra Kamp


Our Zone's sweater Saturday GQ Magazine cover photo.  I love these people!!


I love this tree.  And this temple. And this country.  So, I love this picture.

What?! We're missionaries?! :)  These are our Slovak's!  :)

Siostra D's mom sent us a Christmas tree!!  We are SO in the Christmas spirit, and just CAN'T WAIT to open our Christmas countdown package from Mamma Kamp! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment