Monday, February 22, 2016

I love Bydgoszcz - version 1.0

Dear Family and Friends, 

Oh my word, I fall more in love with Bydgoszcz every day! :) We did sooo much this past week, that there is just no possible way I can fit it into one email! :) I'll share a couple of the highlights though!!

First, we met with several of our investigators this week, and they are wonderful! One of our investigators is named Patrik! He is a Jehovah's witness, and is very firm in his belief in the Bible which is awesome!! Because, hello, I love the Bible too!! :) But, this last lesson we gave him a Book of Mormon, and talked with him a little bit about it. He was very hesitant to even take it, because he says the Bible is the only word of God. But, by the end of the lesson, he was willing to take it and read the introduction before our next lesson. We told him we believe in the Bible as well, and that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. The Bible and the Book of Mormon work hand in hand, and the only way he could know for himself if the Book of Mormon was the word of God, is if he read it and prayed about it. We promised him that if he asked God about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, he would receive an answer. He told us he knew that God would answer his prayer, and that he would read the Book of Mormon. :) I can't wait to meet with him again! He is so wonderful, and it is so obvious that he is searching for the truth. A year ago, he was Catholic, then he found the Jehovah's witness church, and now... He found us. :) I know that it was no coincidence that we met him on the street- and he knows that as well. Each time we give him a little pamphlet or something, he does not put it down until he reads the whole thing! He is such a spiritual man, and I just know that the Lord put him in our path for a reason. 

Another of our investigators is named Ada. She is absolutely wonderful! She is 17, and is such an incredible girl! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation this past week, and it was a wonderful lesson. The Plan of Salvation is incredible, and I can just see the hope it brings to those we teach. :) Their faces light up and even the thought of it! It makes me so happy, and each time I bear testimony of the Plan of Salvation, the spirit testifies to me that the words I'm saying are true. Ada is so wonderful! She is incredibly spiritual, and I can truly feel how much the Lord loves her each time we are with her. :) 

We were also able to meet with some members of our branch this week. :) They are so wonderful!! We were able to go over to the home of Elder and Sister Tufts (the cutest seniour couple everrrr!) and have dinner and a game night with one of our members named Armine, and her family! She is so cute!! She is from Georgia (the country), and her husband Alex is from Russia! Then they have a 12 year old son named David :) They are the cutest family ever, and I am so grateful to have gotten to know them! By the end of the night, Armine was teasing me, trash-talking my board game skills, and treating me like a daughter! It made me so happy, and I just love her so much! :) They are the most wonderful family!! 

We also were able to go over to our friend Anna's house! Oh my goodness... This lady... She is SO WONDERFUL!!! :) We went over to see her yesterday, and while we were walking there (side note: we walk everywhere here! No trams or buses! I love it! :) I definitely get my excercise in! :) ) Anyway, it is about a 40 minute walk to Anna's house, and while we were walking there, it just started pouring rain!! We didn't have hats or anything! So, we ran, and by the time we got their, our hair was pretty soaked! :) It was so much fun though! Anna opened the door for us, and as soon as she saw us she pulled us inside, got mad at us for not wearing hats, and ran to the bathroom to get towels for us to dry our hair!! ha ha! But, we didn't dry our hair... She did it for us!! ha ha! She wouldn't let us do it! It was so funny. :) The whole time she was drying our hair she just kept say, "Oh my lovely girls... Oh my lovely daughters... Your hair is so wet... You must never do this again... What were you thinking? Oh my goodness... I love you. How are you doing?" and she would just go on and on! She is the cutest old lady EVER! :) I seriously love her! I've only visited her/talked to her three times, and she has already adopted me as her granddaughter! (And I've definitely claimed her as my grandma here in Poland!) CUTEST LADY EVER! :) So anyway, when we left she made sure to bundle us up! :)

Oh man, side note!! Everyone in Poland wears "house slippers" :) You never walk around the house bare footed! So, when Anna asked us if we wore house slippers, and we told her no, she was appaulled!! It was so funny! :) She said that needs to be fixed, and she will have a present for us soon! Oh my goodness... Could she get any sweeter? :) I love her!

So... I'm pretty much out of time! But holy cow, I have so many more wonderful people I could mention!! The Mowes family, Ewa, Trae, Alicia... There's so many! :) So many miracles happened this week. I wish I could tell you them all! I will tell you more next week! I absolutely love it here, and am so blessed to be here!! :) 

There are no coincidences :) The Lord knows EXACTLY what He is doing. I have the biggest testimony of that. :) 

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!! 

∞,
Siostra Kamp


Note from Mom:  My tender mercy photo came today, Tuesday!  Thank you to President Edgren for posting this perfect moment!  MTC sisters back together again at Zone Conference!  I bet there were LOTS of hugs going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment