Monday, June 6, 2016

Sometimes, little things are the biggest.

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello, everyone! Kocham was! 
Wow, so many little things happened this week that I am in a stupor about what to write about!! 

This past Tuesday I spent the day in Warsaw with my lovely friends Siostra DeMordaunt, Siostra Dekker, and Siostra Barney!! It was so wonderful to see them! We were there for our legal work - and we are now officially Polish citizens!!! :) Siostra Dekker is so funny, and the whole time we were there she just kept saying, "Started from the bottom, now we here!" hahaha. I love her. :) It was a wonderful experience to be able to travel to Warsaw for the day though. The 4 hour train ride there, and the 4 hour train ride back gave me plenty of time to stare out the window and feel SO blessed to be in such a beautiful wonderful incredible place. I fell in love with Poland all over again on that train ride. This country has so much history, it is amazing. I feel so blessed to be able to be a little part of it all. Poland is so much more than a place. 

But seriously, so many little things have happened this week to make me feel so grateful to be here. Siostra Craig and I were tracting this week, in the middle of nowhere with these beautiful rolling hills of Canola and Alfalfa, Storks flying over our heads, and wild strawberries EVERYWHERE, and I just couldn't help but feel so grateful to be here. This little place will be embedded in my heart forever. :) 

As far as our wonderful friends go... I LOVE THEM!! 
Our little branch here in Bydgoszcz had a Branch BBQ this past Saturday (blood sausage and everything ;) ), and it was so amazing! I love seeing the members of our branch all together, just enjoying each other's company. It's hard to describe how happy it makes me. So many of the people we are meeting with were able to come as well, and to see them all getting to know the members and each other... It was a little tender mercy for me. :) So many people I love in the same place! My heart was so full! :) The spirit the member's here in Poland have about them is something so special, and every time I am able to spend time with them - I relish every second. :) They just glow. 

All us missionaries of the North here were also able to have Zone Conference this past Friday! It was so incredible. President and Sister Edgren (our mission president and his wife) will be ending there mission this month. Can you believe that? So it was so amazing to have this last conference with them! :) I loved it. It's amazing how much of an influence two people can have on your mission, but I can honestly say that this mission I've been able to be a part of would be no where near the way it has been without President and Sister Edgren. I just love them so much. Zone conferences are some of my favourite things in the world. They always give me this renewed sense of motivation to be the best missionary I can be, and I always leave them on a spiritual high. :) 

Well, I'll share a quick little miracle with you all before I leave, because Siostra Craig and I are off to Gdańsk for our exchange with Siostra DeMordaunt and Siostra Young!!!! (AH! :) ) But, I had briefly mentioned how Siostra Craig and I went tracting this past week, but it was such an amazing experience! This week we have really been praying as to where we should be, and when we should be there to find the people to Lord has prepared for us. Well, this week we have come to realize that being on a mission... This is one of the only times in our lives that the Lord will tell us exactly where He needs us to be... down to the street address. I won't go in to much detail, but that night we were tracting, we were led to two of the most amazing people. Down to the street address. The Lord really is in this work, and the Lord really is so present in all of our lives. Prayers are answered. There truly are Angels round about you to bear you up... I have the most amazing story about that to share next week when I have more time. :) 

But, until then... I hope you all know how much I love you, and how much I love this gospel!! I am so incredible grateful to be a missionary. It is the most amazing opportunity to be able to look others in the eyes each day, and testify to them that I know that God lives. As much as I like to think that I did before, I never knew the love of God until I was able to feel it for people I had never met. God loves his children. He loves YOU. 

And so do I. :)
Have an amazing week, everyone!! You're in my thoughts and prayers each day. 

Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp


Starszy Hon came back to Poland to visit!!! We love him!!! :) You can take the boy out of Poland, but you can't take the Poland out of the boy!

Starsi selfie

Małgorzata! :)

P-day shopping... I mean... Photoshoot?

All the Siostry with our favourite Siostra Edgren!!!

My favourite Siostra DeMordaunt :) One reason I love zone conferences!

Siostry Selfie

Branch BBQ - featuring, our favourite Nigerians and Sri Lankans!!


No comments:

Post a Comment