Sunday, February 19, 2017

A week of just...HAPPY!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Hello, everyone! I hope you've all had the most wonderful week! I have so much to tell, as always, but in short...

ALL IS WELL, AND LIFE IS SO GOOD. 

We started this week (and ended it!) being on the receiving end of so many miracles! Have I ever mentioned how good the Lord is? I'm continually amazed by Him... 

One of our miracles this week was being able to get in contact with so many sweet people! One evening we only had enough time to call 10 people from our Area Book, and guess what?! We set up meetings with SEVEN of those ten!!! It was incredible. 
One of the sweet firls we were able to get in contact with was a young girl named Maria that Sister Craig and I actually met almost a year ago in a clothing shop called "Zara"! She is such a sweetheart. We were able to meet with her twice this week, and she came to both of our english classes, AND to dinner at our lovely Elder and Sister Tufts apartment last night... Miracles! I love her so much. She has the best attitude and outlook on life and just... loves being HAPPY!! :)  We had the most wonderful talk this week about happiness, and what the word really means... and I've been thinking about it constantly this week. I've just been ALL smiles! :) That's the best way I can even think to describe this week... 

A WEEK OF JUST.... HAPPY! :) 

So... with that, instead of going into long stories and rants about the details of the week like I always tend to do... I decided that today, I'm just going to share with you all a list of the little moments that brought a smile to my face this week. :) (no matter how big or small)

1. The birthday and beautiful baptism of our sweet Amelia!! <3
2. My lovely Agata and her "how Polish are you?" quiz. (I'm not Polish... and neither is she! ;) )
3. Ella and Annafleur's paint fight as we were helping Sister Kagele paint her school.
4. The sun showed it's face today!! :)
5. Packages and letters from home.
6. Elder Byrd making our english class rap to his beat boxing. 
7. Surprise dinners of service and unplanned friendships along the way. :)
8. A receipt that costs 10 złotych.
9. Drunk drummers and dancing pigeons.
10. The everyday "Byebye!"'s from of favourite doorman.
11. Lava cakes... without the lava...
12. Unexpected phone calls from my friends in Łódź <3
13. Whipping out the old violin after too long in the case. 
14. Antique cameras and Russian Book of Mormons.
15. The sweet testimonies of the members here in Bydgoszcz. 
16. Biscuits, bananas, and apples in bags for homeless friends along the way. 

I have a list of 53 things that I made just this morning of things that made me smile this week (and I only wrote down the ones I could remember!)! This is just so much to smile about. :) This week, I challenge you all to find the joy in every day. The seemingly unnoticeable things, or the really big things... There is joy in it all. :) Make a list! Send a text! Smile at someone random! Happiness is the best medicine for the soul. :) 

I don't think it was a coincidence that this Sunday our lesson in Relief Society was on "Optimism and Spreading Sunshine"! But one quick thing I want to share from that lesson with you all... 
When President Gordon B. Hinckley was a missionary in England, every person he met was greeted with a warm handshake and a small quote that still stands just as true today... 

"Life is good". :) 

And it really is. 
I just want to end this email with the best quote I've possibly ever heard in my entire life. It is from one of my favourite people in the world - the one and only Ania from our little Bydgoszcz branch. :) Yesterday, with the biggest smile on her face, she stood up in the middle of Relief Society and said, 

"I wake up every morning and dance to the toilet! I am just so excited to still be alive!!"

How wonderful would be the world if would could all be like Ania. :) haha! 

Have a wonderful week, everyone!! 
I love you all, and the Lord does too. Never forget that. 

Z miłością, 
Siostra Kamp


Dinner at the Tufts!! I love these people <3 

Sister Kagele! Love this woman!!

Having too much fun painting!!


The crazy Elder's​

Even though I can't get this little munchkin to hold still for anything, I just LOVE her! :) 


District selfie!

Sweet Amelia's baptism. <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment