Sunday, February 12, 2017

small and simple!

Dear Friends and Family, 

How are you all? :) I hope you are having the best start to your week!

I don't have a lot of time today... But this week has been so much fun, and so many wonderful things happened! :) I'll fill you in on a little more of my week this week, since last week I didn't give as many details! Speed round!

We were able to meet with our lovely friend Anna a few days ago, and I just love her! One of our sweet members, Ewa (my favourite person ever!), was able to be on that lesson with us all, and I am just so grateful for her testimony. As she bore testimony to Anna I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed from the spirit she brought with her words. She has a testimony of gold, and so much faith... Her example to me is indescribable. It was a wonderful meeting! 

We spent a lot of time on the streets this week as well, talking to the amazing people here about family history work! It. was. amazing. I met the sweetest woman in the world! We talked and laughed and told stories of our families for so long, and it was amazing. It is so special when you feel a connection like that to someone you just met on the street, but after 5 minutes of talking I felt like I had known her forever. :) The Spirit of Elijah truly can be found in the sharing of family stories, and I have no doubt in my mind that the relationships we have here continue beyond the veil. 
My favourite moment of our conversation was what happened after I handed her a little card with the address of our family history center on it. She took one look at it and saw "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" and asked, "What is this?" I couldn't help but think, "Okay... Here we go." having seen many wonderful conversations end short after such a question, but I just smiled and told her we were missionaries from our church, here to help bring others closer to Christ. I'm sure you all can imagine how happy I felt when in that moment her face just lit up. :) She pointed to the address of our family history center and said, "This is amazing." Then, pointing to our church's name said, "But this... This is even more amazing." :) It was such a tender mercy for me, and I am so grateful for that small experience. This gospel really is "more amazing". It is the root of all my happiness, and I have no idea where I would be without it. 
We will be meeting with my sweet friend later this week, and I cannot wait to tell you all about it next week :) She is my miracle. 

So many other amazing things happened this week!! I was able to get in contact with some of the people I met with when I served here in Bydgoszcz last year, and we have meetings with them in the coming week! We were able to travel out to Toruń to visit our sweet little Amelia and her family! She is going to be baptized on Saturday, and we all cannot wait!! :) My heart is so full. :)

The Lord truly has just been so good to us this week. :) He always is. 

I love this gospel, and I love you all! I'm sorry my time is so limited today, but I wish you all an amazing week!! :)

Until next week!
Kocham was!

Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp

District McDonald's run on preparation day!

Our family history whiteboard! :)

The Elder's were excited to have their ancestors on the board!

Visiting our sweet members in outlying cities means crazy road trips with these three!  (And our favorite Elder Tufts who missed the selfie...)

Im sure you can imagine my confusion when Sister Larsen sat down on the couch with just a cube of butter and a knife...

Miss Ella turned 12 this week!! :)  We had fun bringing her a cake!

Ella's birthday cake!!  Happy Birthday, my dear!!  :)


The day I almost stole a  cocker spaniel named Navy... <3

 Visiting our sweet members  :)  They amaze me!  (Yes BYU basketball fans...that is who you think it is!)

Ewa made us a Polish dinner last night!!  She is the best in the world.  Have I mentioned that before?

Mirek invited us to his chess club!




No comments:

Post a Comment