Monday, May 9, 2016

God is the Gardener here.

Dear Friends and Family,

First of all, HAPPY LATE MOTHER'S DAY to all the wonderful mother's I know!! :) I am seriously so grateful for you all, and I hope you had the best day yesterday! I was able to skype my 5 best friends, along with my amazing grandparents, and it was the best day ever. :) I love my family so much, seriously.

Well, as far as thing week goes, not too many super exciting things happened besides me loving my life! :) haha! But really, even as I sit here in this little old run-down library and look out the window and see all the Polish people with their little ice-cream cones, I am just so grateful to be here. :) I'm seriously the luckiest girl in the world! 

My favourite memory from this week was this past Saturday! I got a little taste of home that day, because we were able to go out with our lovely Agata to her little farm in the countryside of Bydgoszcz! It was amazing :) We spent the day with her, cooking, helping with her raspberry farm, and just spending time with her! Her baptism is next week!! Can you believe that?! Just as anyone would, she has been a little nervous lately about taking that step, and has had her doubts. But when Sister Craig and I went over to her home, Agata took us up to her room, and we were able to give her a little gift we had prepared for her, and read some scriptures with her. We read some wonderful scriptures about peace and comfort from the Book of Mormon, and as Agata read she got teary-eyed and said, "I forgot this feeling..." She just smiled, and hugged Sister Craig and I. As she did, I just felt so much peace, and I know she did as well. Agata told us that she had spent countless hours, even days, praying and praying to know if her being baptized was the right decision. She told us that no matter how much she doubts, each time she prays, she gets the same answer... This is true, and the Lord has a plan for her. 

As soon as she said that, I thought of my own experience with that... Being on a mission. I remember a year ago, praying and praying to know if I should go on a mission or not. Up until that point, I had never wanted an answer to a prayer so much in my life. I still remember the day I got my answer. :) But, despite how clearly the answer came to me, and how confident I felt in my decision to serve a mission at the time, doubts crept into my mind. I remember after I had submitted my papers, I doubted my decision. I was scared, but I said a prayer again, and I got the same answer - I needed to serve a mission. Then after I got my mission call, I was even more scared. I felt inadequate, I doubted my decisions, and I was really scared. But - I prayed. And I got the same answer - I needed to serve a mission. Now, even being on my mission, here I am! I'm 6,000 miles away, doing the very thing I got the answer that I was supposed to do. But sometimes, I still have those moments where I get scared, and I question that answer I got a year ago. But, each time I do, a prayer fills my heart, and I bet you all can guess what the answer I get is. :) I don't think I can count the number of prayers I have said, asking my Heavenly Father to reassure me that this is where I am meant to be. There have been countless times. But I have come to realize that God has a plan for me, and this mission is part of that plan. I prayed about it, and I got my answer.  I got my answer, and it's not going to change. God is not going to change His mind. I know now that God knows everything. He can see my life so much more than I can. He knows where I should be, but it is up to me to trust Him in that.  

It was amazing, because I was able to share that experience with Agata, and as soon as I finished, she said, "Sisters... I already got my answer. I got it, and I know I will get it again and again. It will never change. I know that, and I love it." :) She is so incredible. What did I do to get blessed with such a wonderful friend, and amazing example? I ask myself that question literally every day. I love Agata, and I just look up to her so much. Her baptism is going to be the most amazing day... :) 

Miracles are happening in Poland every day. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to experience a little part of it all. :) 

Well, that was definitely the highlight of my week! There were others, of course, but I think I'll just end with a quick scripture that has been on my mind a lot recently. 

"Yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
(Alma 56:47-48)

I am so lucky to have my mom like these mothers of the stripling warriors. A mom who taught me to pray, to read the scriptures, to serve my neighbor and love them as myself. A mom who taught me to love the Lord, and to trust in Him with everything I do. Who is a constant example of everything a true disciple of Christ should be. I love my mom, and I am so grateful to the Lord for letting me be her daughter. 


I hope you all have a wonderful week, everyone!! Thank you all for everything you do for me! I really can feel your prayers, and I am so grateful for you all. :)

Kocham was!!

Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp


Skyping home on Mother's Day!

Cooking Mother's Day dinner for Kelley and her family. 




My little crazies:  Annafleur and Ella


Balloon art for FHE.


Our baby trainee, with his first Kebab!  Welcome to the Bydgoszcz crew, Elder Rowley!

The world championship slack-lining competition was in Bydgoszcz this past week!!  So cool!!




Santa Claus came early to the Chapel this year!!  (Or some random person just dumped all their unwanted clothes on the stairs...in the pouring rain...) haha!


A little taste of Agata's BEAUTIFUL, HUGE, AMAZING, raspberry farm!! :)

Agate's little pond :)

I love this lady!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment