Monday, September 5, 2016

"I've heard this before..."

Dear Family and Friends,

Witam was serdecznie!! :)
How are you all? I hope you had a wonderful week!! Do I start all my emails like that?... Well, it's still true! :) 

I have so much to tell you all, and not enough time (the classic "Sister Kamp excuse"), so I'll just get right to it! :)

Oh my, this week was such a miracle for me. The Lord has seriously blessed me with the most amazing city, the most amazing companion, and the most amazing investigators. :) 
This week, we were able to meet with my favourite people in the whole world - Ola and Julia!! I have been talking Sister Van's ear off about them for the past two weeks!! They had been so busy with vacations and work that they hadn't had time to meet, but by the time they were able to meet this week, Siostra Van told me that she already felt like she knew them because of how much I talk about them! haha. :) They are just amazing, alright? You'll see! 
So, we went to the chapel to wait for them, and as soon as they walked in, they yelled, "ohhhh!" and ran up and hugged me!! It was the best thing ever. :) They introduced themselves to Siostra Van, who they just fell in love with, and then they turned to me and said, "Well, let's go!" They are just as excited to hear this gospel as I am to tell her about it! :) I love it. 
Sooo many things happened in this lesson that i wish I could tell you all about, but for lack of time I will just tell you all one little part. We talked with them a little bit about the Plan of Salvation this time, and it was the most wonderful thing. We talked with them about what we did before this life, and they just loved it. We told them that we lived with our Heavenly Father, and that He not only knew us each personally, but loved us more than words can describe. As our father, He taught us about His plan for us, and we were so excited - we shouted for joy. :) We shared one of my favourite scriptures with them - Romans 8:16 - that says, "The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the children of God. " And after we read that, the most amazing thing happened. Ola just looked at me and said, "I think... When the spirit of God testifies to us of something, that's why we get that warm feeling in our heart. It's the spirit of God reminding our spirits of something... Sometimes, when I read the Book of Mormon, or I hear you say something, it just sounds so familiear to me, and I could never figure out why, because obviously I have never heard these things before. But, now you are telling me that before this life I lived with God, and He taught me these things, and about His plan, and I can't help but think - maybe that's just it. Maybe, I have heard this before. And each time I feel that warm feeling after I read or hear something, maybe that is the Holy Ghost reminding me... I have heard this before."

I literally was teary-eyed as she said those things... It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. Just that very morning, Siostra Van and I had read in our Preach My Gospel books, "Those that have been prepared by the Lord will recognize you as servants of God. The gospel will have a familiar ring to them." That is exactly what happened in our lesson today with Ola and Julia. I bet you all can imagine how I felt after that... :)

Siostra Van shared a scripture with me that reminded me of our meetings with Ola and Julia - D&C 50:22 - "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified, and rejoice together." How perfectly that describes it. We rejoice in getting together to talk about Christ and His gospel, and after each meeting, we all leave more edified, having been taught so much by the spirit of the Lord. :)

Unfortunately I am out of time, but... This gospel is true. I wish I could look you all in the eyes and tell you how much I truly know that. It is true, all of it, and I am the luckiest girl in the world to be able to share this with others. I am the most imperfect person, trying to share the perfect gospel of our perfect Saviour - and sometimes I cannot imagine how He can trust me so much to bring others this message... But honestly, I will never be able to thank Him enough for the fact that He does. :) I love this gospel with everything I am. It is the best of me. 

Thank you so much for all of your love and support! I love you all more than you know!!
You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp

No comments:

Post a Comment