Monday, September 26, 2016

"What?! I'm one of you now!! :)"

​My lovely family and friends,

I apologize for not being able to email you all this past wekk! It was a little crazy, but I hope you all are happy, healthy, and doing well! :)

This week was a good one - as usual! It was a little different than other weeks, because every single one of our meetings fell through except 2 of them! BUT! It was amazing, because even though our meetings fell through, we quickly discovered that there was somewhere else the Lord needed us to be at that time. For example...

One day, the meeting we had planned didn't work out, so we went to a nearby park to talk with people there. We were walking around, not finding any people, when all the sudden I saw this group of random horses just there, eating the grass in the middle of the park! My first thought was, "Oh! I have to take a photo for me sister!!" So, we ran over to where they were, and then, we saw a woman sitting on a bench that we hadn't even noticed before because it had been hidden by some trees! As soon as we saw her, I couldn't help but laugh a little to myself, imagining Heavenly Father, knowing that we needed to talk to this woman, probably thinking, "Let's see... What can I do to get them over there to where they can see her.... HORSES!" haha. Well, it worked! :) We ended up talking to the woman, our lovely friend Dorota, for quite a while, and were even able to give her a Book of Mormon, which she absolutely just cherished! She had come to the park seeking comfort from the Lord, because her husband had passed away a few years before and she had really been missing him that day... For that half hour, we mostly just listened to her, and it was wonderful - just to be able to be there for her to cry to, and to be able to tell her how much the Lord loves her. We were able to testify to her of the Plan of Salvation - that she WILL one day see her husband again, and it was incredible... I have no doubt in my mind that our meeting that day didn't work out because the Lord KNEW that one of His precious children, in that moment, needed us more somewhere else. Dorota couldn't stop telling us that the Lord had sent "his angels" to answer her prayer, and I just couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the love the Lord has for her. He knows us all, and loves each of us perfectly, and I feel so blessed to be on His errand right now. ​

That was just a small little miracle, among the many I'm lucky enough to see every single day, but it just meant the absolute world to me. :)

Also this week, we were able to meet with our friend Irfan! He is so wonderful!! The lesson we had with him was absolutely amazing, and it was so visible how touched he was by the spirit. We love being able to talk with him, because he is just so spiritual, and soaks in every word we tell him... It's amazing!! I have to share something funny with you all about that meeting we had with him though! :) After our meeting with him, that we had yesterday, we were walking to the tram stop and he said, "Hey! Let's go get some ice cream!" to which we had to apologize, and tell him we don't buy things on the Sabbath. He asked about that, and we explained it, then just as quickly as we had replied, he said, "Okay, great! What else don't we do?" :) (including himself!) I looked at Sister Van to make sure I had really heard that correctly, and... I had! haha! So, I laughed a little, to which he quickly said, "What?! I'm one of you now!! :)" I love that man! hahaha! Well, before we could answer, we were stopped by this nice girl handing out flyers for a gym! We talked with her for a few minutes, complimented her super cute boots and invited her to english club (she was excited about that! :) ), then went on our way! I didn't think much else of it, but when we were walking away, Irfan turned to me and said, "Lexi, why did we not share our message with her?" I WAS IN SHOCK. hahaha! I couldn't believe what I had just heard! There I was, the missionary, and I was supposed to be sharing the gospel with everyone I could, and then there was this sweet investigator of ours, asking me why I wasn't doing that! It was a very humbling experience, and I just couldn't help but smile, and thank him for that! I promised him that this week we would go back to the mall in which she works, and we would find her and share our message with her. He was happy about that. :) Then, as we parted ways, we asked him what he was up to for the rest of the day and he said, "I don't know! Right now I'm probably just going to go to Piotrkowska a street) and get a beer." and before we could even reply he said, "Wait! Do we not drink beer?!" and we said, "No, we don't drink beer.." to which he quickly replied, "Ohhhh, okay! Then I am going home to eat some dinner, I mean! :)" HE IS THE BEST! hahaha! 

Oh my, I'm sorry I always talk your ears off, but I love you all so much, and I hope you have an amazing week!! Thank you for all your love, prayers, and support :) It means the world.

Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp

No idea what this is, but it's so cool! :)

My lovely Jadwiga with her little grandson Sebastian! Cutest. Thing. Ever. 

Little Wiktoria!! She is the cutest thing I've ever seen. :)

My favourite Janek :) My grandpa in Poland!! I love this man so much.

Sister Van and Janek!!! Two of my favourite people!! :)

District lunch... Tuna melts. :)

Wandering a forest! :)

The random horses in the park! These are for you, Emily!!


My lovely friend Agata from Bydgoszcz sent me the cutest package in the world. I love her SO much!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment