Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Our "Happily Ever After" isn't just a dream.

My lovely family and friends! 

I just want to thank you all for all the love, support, and prayers you send my way. I'm the luckiest firl in the world to have you all, and I thank the Lord every day for you. :)

This week was another amazing one! The sun was shining all week, and everyone was just so happy! We met so many people on the streets this week, and the Lord truly blessed us with so many miracles :)

I'll keep this email a little shorter, but I have to tell about one!
So, rewind to last Friday when we were planning for our upcoming week this week! We were going through the days, thinking about things we needed to do on each one, and when we got to Saturday, we both agreed in a split second that on that day we needed to go back to a prak we had gound a few days previous. It was awesome! Anyway, fast forward to Saturday! We came to the park and there were so many people! I was so excited! :) It was a missionaries dream! So many popel to share the gospel with, that you don't even know where to begin! haha :) But anyway, we had a lot of wonderful conversations with people, which was great! But the one I want to talk about is Staśka!! :) We saw her sitting on a bench as we were walking, just reading her little book, and we knew we had to talk to her! She was this cutest little grandma with pink hair... Who wouldn't want to talk to her?! :) Anyways, we ended up sitting on the bench with her, talking to her for what seemed like hours but also like minutes, and it was amazing. She completely opened up to us about the struggles of her life, and how heartbroken she had been by her husband's recent passing. It was the most tender moment, and an amazing one at that, because I was able to look her in the eyes, and tell her that I know, with all of my heart, that she will see her husband again. With tears in her eyes, she told us that that was all she could ever hope for - the chance to see him agan, and thank him for everything, and tell him she loves him. It was in that moment, as we testified of the Plan of Salvation and eternal families and sat there comforting her... It hit me. I really do believe it. It is not just something I say to comfort others... It's true. We can, and will, be with those we love forever, even after death. Everyone dreams of their "Happily Ever After", but... the wonderful thing is, it doesn't have to be just a dream. :) I was able to show Staśka some photos of my family, on that wonderful day we were sealed together for eternity, and as I did that - I couldn't help but think back to how I felt that day. Sitting on that little park bench in the middle of Poland, I was reminded of that little glimpse of eternity the Lord gave me when I was sealed to my 5 best friends. :) 

Families are forever, and I will testify of that truth for the rest of eternity. :) This gospel is our road map to our "Happily Ever After", and I cannot even express how grateful I am for the gift of this gospel. :) I thank the Lord every day for sending me here to Poland... He hasn't only allowed me to share in the journey of others coming closer to Him, but, He's brought me closer to Him as well. I love Him more than I can even say. 

That's about all I have time for today, but I love you all, and hope you all know how much you mean to me! But even more importantly, how much you mean to your Father in Heaven. He loves you more than you can imagine! 

Z miłością, 
Siostra Kamp

I will never get tired of Polish sunsets!

Siostra Van is OBSESSED with Watermelon!! :) I love it so much!! 

Last Monday, we visited the most BEAUTIFUL Botanical garden!! :) Excuse all the photos, we loved it! :)









English class games are always a hoot with our students!





No comments:

Post a Comment