Monday, October 3, 2016

More ways to see, than just with the eyes.

Droga Rodzina i Drodzy Przyjaciele,

It's OCTOBER?! ALREADY?! I can't believe how quickly this year has gone. I am hoping it is going slower for you all than it is for me! 

Well, this week was CRAZY! And THAT, is an understatement :) A lot more went on this week than I can even brush on, but I'm sure you'll hear all my stories sometime down the road! 
I'll just touch on some brief highlights! 

We met with our wonderful Tadeusz again this week! He is amazing, seriously. That lesson with him, in which we had originally planned to talk about service and missionary work, turned into more of a conversation about the Book of Mormon, and Baptism - and it was so great just to talk with him about everything. He told us he really does have such a strong desire to know if what we are teaching him really is true, and promised us he would read the Book of Mormon, and ask the Lord about its truthfulness. :) That was the most wonderful thing to hear... :) I have prayed about it, even as a missionary, to know if it really is true. If it really is evidence from God of His love for His children and the Restoration of the fullness of the gospel in these latter days. And I can not tell you all enough... It is. It absolutely is. 
For Sister Van's training this week, we were able to watch a segment from the talk "Safety for the Soul" by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, and I encourage you all the watch it/ read it/ listen to it. I add my personal testimony to His apolstolic witness of the truthfulness and divinity of the Book of Mormon - it is of God. And I believe that, and know that, with all my heart. 

Speaking of the Book of Mormon! One of the most tender moments happened this week. We had a meeting with our lovely recent convert, Janina, and her dear friend, Janina #2! haha. Janina #2 had heard about us a lot, and had been curious about what we believe. She had asked if she could meet with us, to which we gladly said, "YES!". It was such a good meeting, and she is wonderful - they both are! :) But one thing that filled my heart up right to the brim, was when Janina (our recent convert) pulled out her Book of Mormon, and showed it to Janina #2, saying, "This is that book. The TRUE book. Took me 82 years to find it - but I found it." Hearing her say that just made my heart sing. :) I love that woman, and her amazing testimony. I wish you all could meet her for yourselves, and hear her stories and her testimony. She is such a blessing to me. 

Well, I only have a couple more minutes, but I just wanted to also say how grateful I am to have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and all of our other wonderful church leaders. It is one of the highlights of my year to be able to listen to them, and receive direction from their inspired talks. General Conference this weekend was so wonderful, and I hope you had the opportunity to watch it! :) Us Łódż missionaries were only able to watch the General Women's session and Saturday Morning session, but I cannot wait to watch the rest throughout the week! I just want to share a quick thought with you all from Prezydent Uchtdorf's talk, "Fourth Floor. Last Door". This talk was such an answer to prayer for me, and spoke right to my heart in so many ways. (Not only because of him talking about missionaries in Eastern Europe (that crazy moment when you realize that's you and you can relate to everything! :O) or his adorable love story! Gets me every time. :) ) But I will end with one thing he said that stood out to me so much...

"There are more ways to see than with your eyes.
There are more ways to hear than with your ears.
And there are more ways to feel than just with your hands...
Just because you can't see something, does not mean there is not something to be seen... One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential, is invisible to the eyes." 

It is one of my deepest prayers that when we now struggle, or ever will struggle with a question or a doubt of whether or not there really is something to see... That we will remember this wonderful quote. Sometimes we will be able to see things so clearly. Other times - it may take our glasses, binoculars, or even a telescope for us to see. But, I promise you all this - there is ALWAYS something to be seen, and whether it takes just your eyes, or a huge telescope, you will always find it if you try. :) Don't give up on that. 

Oh my. Conference is just so wonderful! 

Well, I have to go, but I love you all so much, and pray for you every day! 
Thank you for all your love and support! It means the absolute world to me. :)

Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp

*on the way to the library*
Siostra Van: "umm... do we have any photos at all to send home this week?"
*silence...*
"Quick! Selfie!" 


*Note from Lexi's Mom*
We were so lucky to have Siostra Van's family from California stop by our home after conference on Sunday!  They are the sweetest family, and I know why Lexi and Hannah love each other so much!  They were so fun and full of Christs light.  We loved visiting with them, and it was fun to send a picture to Poland and surprise our daughters today!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment