Monday, October 17, 2016

Błogosławiona ponad miarę

Droga Rodzina i Drodzy Przyjaciele,

I am seriously overwhelmed by the amount of love I have felt from you all this weekend... I can't thank you enough for all the emails, letters, love, and prayers you all sent my way! I am so blessed, and the luckiest firl in the entire world!! <3 I'm without words. Bez słów. Thank you all SO much, from the bottom of my heart. This birthday was one I will never forget. 

A lot of amazing things happened this week - the Lord never fails to amaze and surprise me with His miracles. 

We were able to meet with our lovely friends Grażyna and Jola this week, which is always wonderful! We talked with both of them about the Book of Mormon and I just have to say - it is something SO amazing to me... The effect that one little book, 521 pages (in Polish) can have on not only someone's heart, but life in general. Each person we meet is going through their own trials, and has there own questions - but somehow that little book is able to touch the heart of every person who sincerely reads her, and answer the soul's biggest questions, no matter what they may be. I am a witness every single day to the power of the Book of Mormon, and the wonderful changes she brings to the lives of my investigators as they read her. How it is possible that something so small can bring such divine joy and eternal happiness to all of us who read her, is something I have thought of constantly this past year - and there is only one answer... The Book of Mormon is from God. And that I know, with everything I am. 

I don't have much more time this week, but as I told you all earlier, my heart has been overflowing with from the love I have felt this week. I am so grateful that I was able to spend this birthday in the service of my God, and the lovely people that I have fallen in love with here - I wouldn't have had it any other way. :) Life is funny, because the only thing I wanted for my birthday this year, was to forget myself, and spend it serving others. That's exactly what we did, and I loved every minute of it - but what I wasn't expecting, was how much service I would receive from others... I was overwhelmed with the amount of love I received: from the Lord, from my family, from my companion, from you all, and from the lovely people here in Poland. <3 I can't tell you all enough - I am so blessed. The Lord is so good to me. 

Thank you all again for all you do for me, and for the love you constantly give me! I love you, and I am so grateful for you! I hope this next week, I can bring these people the kind of happiness that you all brought me this week :) 

Miłego tygodnia, życzę wam!! Kocham was!!

Z miłością, 
Siostra Kamp

Romans 8, 38-39:

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



*Below:  Birthday Email from Lexi to me (Mama Kamp).  I had to share this sweet email!  It was many prayers come true, and her little p.s. at the end made me laught out loud.  I love her so much!
Dearest Darlingest Mom, 

Oh my word, I can't even thank you enough!! The birthday package, the flowers, the cake, the love... I was OVERWHELMED on Saturday, by the love I received!!!! Thank you SO much, mom. From my whole heart!!! It was the most amazing birthday in the world... :) I'll tell you a little about it! Here was my day:

1. I woke up a little early (which is usual, because I like to read my scriptures and pray before I start the actual days activities!) and went in the other room to read. Normally I leave the door open, so Sister Van and I can still see and hear each other, but she woke up and said, "Stay in there!!" then shut the door really quick! hahaha! So, I continued to read, then about 30 minutes later she said, "You can come out now if you want! :)" So, I did, and the ENTIRE APARTMENT was decorated in streamers and balloons, and she had made me pancakes for breakfast!!! Oh my, it was the cutest thing in the world, and so so unexpected! I love her so much!! She also brought this little jar of maple syrup with her from the US (we don't have that here), and made me use some of it for my special day! Oh my, she's the best! I forget how good syrup tastes!! But yeah, it was the cutest thing in the world. :) And i have these favourite Polish candy bars, and she had boughten me 5 of them, and written me the cutest little note... I seriously felt SO blessed, and the day had just started! 
2. After that lovely breakfast, I opened up the package you had sent, and I'm pretty sure I cried the whole time! Happy tears of course!! Mom, it was so much more than I could've ever DREAMED OF. I honestly felt more blessed than ever as I read all the letters, unwrapped all the presents, and just literally felt the love pouring out of that box. I'll never be able to tell you how much that meant to me... It was such an amazing blessing. <3 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! 
3. We then sat down to study, and during studies we got a knock on our door 3 different times!! One, the most beautiful flowers ever!! Two, these cute little cake chocolates!! I seriously was dying... I felt so spoiled already.... :) You're the best mom in the world. <3 I'm so lucky. And then last, our doorman Janek! He came and brought me a little candy bar!! Oh, he's the cutest. 
(Also, I think I got about a million texts and phone calls from investigators, members, and english students wishing me a happy birthday... I AM SO BLESSED!!!!!!) 
4. Just when I thought my heart couldn't explode more, my mission President, his wife, and their three little kids called me and sang "Sto Lat!" (happy birthday in Polish) to me, and wished me a happy birthday... What other mission president does that??... I felt like the luckiest missionary in the world. :)
5. My lovely friend Tomek from Bydgoszcz came all the way down to Łódź to visit me, and tell me happy birthday!! We all went to lunch together, and he even did a finding activity with us and the Elder's :) Oh, he is wonderful, and that completely made my day too! 
6. Then, at the end of the day, I got a call from Sister Barney, and it turns out her, and all my other sister's from the MTC and Elder Ashworth had a combined phone call going, and they all sang to me over the phone!!! I talked with them all for like 20 minutes, and it was just such a special moment for me... They all called each other to plan this special phone call for me, and it just touched my heart so much hearing all of their voices again, all in one place. It took me back to the good times with them in the MTC, and was amazing to think.. Here we are, almost a year later... We've all grown so much... But we are still the best of friends. It was just the perfect topping to the perfect day. 

I had the PERFECT birthday, mom. It was spent doing what I love - serving the people I have grown to love here in this beautiful city!! But also, they all served ME... I did not expect that... and I will never be able to thank the Lord enough for all that happened that day. My heart is OVERFLOWING, still... I can't even believe how blessed i am. :) 


I'm so glad everything is going well at home, mamuś!! I don't have much time to reply more to this email, but... I just want you to know how grateful I am for you, how much I love you, and just how much I thank the Lord for you, dad, and my sissies. I am the LUCKIEST girl in the world... My heart is going to explode! I thought of you all all day on Saturday, and said countless prayers, hoping you could all find the joy in that day, and not be sad! Reading that Debbie sent you flowers melted my heart, and was just such an answer to prayer... :) I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. 

I have to go, but I love you SO MUCH mom, and seriously can't thank you enough for this package... I will NEVER be able to tell you how much it means to me. 

I hope you have an amazing week, love!!!! I will talk to you next Tuesday!! (because of transfers)

Love always, 
Lexi 

P.s. funny side note- since I never speak english anymore (for like the past 6 months!) it's getting harder and harder to talk haha but this week, I was talking to Sister Van in english for some reason one day, and all the sudden she just looked at me and said, "You know... Your english really sucks. ;) From now on, I think we should spend language study like this: For a half of an hour, you can teach me polish, but for the other half, I am going to teach you english again. Sound good?" As soon as she said that, I died laughing, and just had to tell you!!! :) 
P.p.s. Don't worry... My english is FINE!! ;) 

 On the way to Warsaw for Zone Training! Getting lost leads to... adventure! :)

Some of the zone!

I love them!!

My lovely companion decorated our apartment for my birthday!!! I love her SO MUCH. Yes, it is like 10.00 in the morning, and pitch black outside... haha!

Cake and Flowers from my family! :)

My friend Tomek from Bydgoszcz came to Łódź for my birthday!

Surprised Elder Reid with birthday breakfast and presents this morning! Happy 21, Starszy!!

Who knew so much love could fit in this box?!?! <3 

Pictures from Siostra Van's email:




No comments:

Post a Comment