Monday, October 10, 2016

You can have what you want, or you can have something (SO MUCH) better!

ear Family and Friends,
Hello!! Oh my, I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything you do for me! :)
I have been so excited all week to tell you all about a miracle we saw this week!! SO... Story time! :)
One day this past week, we had planned to talk to people in this park called "3 Maja", and I was so excited because I had never been there before! :) Well, in our attempts (yes... that's plural!) to get there, I kid you not - everything went wrong! Actually... Maybe, it went completely and perfectly right! :) But, attempt #1 - TRAM! That didn't work out, because there was a huge protest blocking the tram lines... Plan #2 - I was a little excited to get there, and maaaay have underestimated the distance from us to the park, so I thought, "Eh, it's not too far of a walk! We can make it! :)"..... it was. haha! 45 minutes later we were still walking and still had quite a way to go! So, on foot travel didn't do us much good... (as far as going to the park goes, that is! But! We did meet some great people on our walk! :) The Lord really does put people in our path.) But, we finally saw a bus stop, and miracles! It went right to the street we wanted!! So we waited, got on the bus, and FINALLY arrived on Kopcińskiego!... but apparently on the complete opposite end of the street we wanted to be... fail #3. There were a few other attempts after that, because of my stubbornness, until I had finally come to realize that going to park "3 Maja" was just not in the Lord's plan for us that day, but I won't bore you with those! We stopped walking for a minute and I just said, "Okay Heavenly Father... We won't go to the park, but where do you need us to be?" We sat there for a moment, and Sister Van asked me, "How do you know the Lord doesn't want us to go to the park today, and these aren't just obstacles we have to overcome?" (side note: this is one reason I LOVE Siostra Van. Because she makes me think of things in a different light! I cannot tell you all enough how grateful I am for her! SHE is training ME. haha. :) ) I thought about it, and really all I could say was, "I don't know... It's just a feeling.." And she, being her wonderful self, said, "The Holy Ghost? Good enough for me!!" haha! :) 
So, with that, we were off again, walking in the direction opposite of the park. And, this was just a really long winded story of pointless details (I apologize!!!) leading up to the best part! Long story's short: we ran into one of our English students on the street who hadn't been able to come to class for a while, and the first words out of his mouth were, "Sisters!! I want to be Mormon!!".....
Come again? :O
No, I'm completely serious!! :) 
I didn't even know what to say, or whether or not to take him seriously, so I just laughed and said, "Well, you can be! :)" We all laughed, and he quickly replied, "And, I also want to serve a mission." At this point, I was thinking to myself, "What? There is just absolutely no way this is happening right now... I'm dreaming." even though he sounded completely serious! So, I though, well - I'll just throw it out there! What do we have to lose?! And with that I said, "Well, you have to be baptized first :)" and do you know what happened after that?! He looked at me, and said, "Awesome. How do I do that?"
WHAT. YOU'RE JOKING.
No, completely serious, again! :) So, long story's short - Adam is now meeting with the Elder's, and preparing to be baptized on the 5th of November! Both he and we are SO excited for that special day!!!

We were able to listen to Adam's story about why he was so excited to be baptized, and he just beamed as he told us all about how one day, just sitting in English class listening to our spiritual thought we always do at the end, he just knew... In His words, "I sat there and had this incredible feeling come over me, and I just couldn't help but think... I've found my place"
How amazing is that? I have no doubt that the Lord has been with Adam, and gave him those wonderful feelings. He has the PERFECT plan, and I am just so grateful to be able to witness that everyday :) His hand is in everything.
A long winded story just to tell you all, in short... I wanted to go to the park, but my goodness did the Lord have something SO much better in mind. :) This week can be summed up with one of my favourite quotes from the April Conference of this year...
"You can have what you want, or you can have something better." :)
The Lord is so good. This gospel is true, and I love it and believe it with all my heart. :) I'm sorry you all only get one story from me this week, but I hope it makes you smile! The Lord really is a God of miracles.
Have an amazing week, everyone!!
Kocham was!!!!
Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp

The działka!! We love this place. :)
*Plot of land for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.





Okay, story time... Our Elder's are the absolute best. We had a pretty sad day, and they called us and told us they left their keys in the freezer of the chapel and needed us to run them out to them (I got a good laugh out of that :) ) So, we opened up the freezer, not surprised at all that somehow the Elder's could manage to forget their keys in there (haha), only to find some ice cream and a note saying, "We heard this helps... -Elders"  They are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment