Monday, October 31, 2016

The best year of my life!

My dear family and friends, 

Where does the time go?!
It seems like just yesterday I sat down at a little desk in Provo, Utah, struggling to sum up all that had happened that week in one little email to you all for the first time as a missionary... Now here I am in Łódź, Poland - one year later - and still struggling to find the words to put to my feelings! I can't even begin to tell you all the joy and blessings that have come into my life this past year, and all the wonderful experiences the Lord has given me. It has been the most incredible journey - and I am the luckiest girl in the world. 

Even though I don't have a lot of time today, I wanted to share with you all a few of the MANY things this past year in the service of my Lord has taught me... I could go on forever, but I'll just share 12 little things - one for every month I've been here. 

  • Search for the Lord, and you will always find Him. 
    • The hand of God is manifest in every single step of our journey. Even when we struggle, even when it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, He is right there - always by our side. Look for Him, and you'll always find Him. :) 
      • Jeremiah 29:13
  • The Lord will never leave you comfortless. 
    • I promise. And He did too. :)
      • John 14:16-18
  • It is not our job to worry about tomorrow :) 
    • All we need to worry about - is what we can do today, to be worthy of His tomorrow. No matter what it is, His tomorrow will ALWAYS be wonderful. :) 
      • Joshua 3:5
  • We need never be discouraged, for the Lord our God is with us. 
    • "The Lord is SO present in our lives, that when we die - we will be surprised how familiar His face is..." -Richard G. Scott 
      • Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10
  • The light of this gospel, the hope of this gospel, can be seen in you :) Don't be afraid to share that with others! Sharing hope and happiness?! What could be better than that?! :)
    • 1 Peter 3:15
  • Questions and Faith can co-exist! Having questions is not a bad thing! :) Questions allow us to grow our testimonies. But there is a difference between a question, and a doubt. Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. :)
  • The Lord does not call the qualified... He qualifies the called. He sees you perfectly, and He knows your potential. He can see what you cannot. Trust Him in it all, and you will never be on a road that leads to anything other than happiness. :)
    • The Lord sees our Saul-like person, and our Paul-like potential... And for that, I will always be SO grateful. 
  • We can talk with our Heavenly Father every. single. day. And He delights to talk with you! You are His child, and He LOVES you. 
    • On my mission, I have truly learned (and am still learning :) ) what it really means to pray. It is different being a missionary, and not being able to tell my parents every detail that happens in every day, because they are so far away. But I have truly come to know that when I pray, I can tell all those little details to my Heavenly Father, and He loves to hear them. :) No matter how small of a thing it is, your happiness is His. Your struggles are His. YOU are His, and He is there for you every step of the way. :) 
  • Yes, faith is a choice, but it's the most rewarding choice in the world. :)
  • "If we give our heart to God, if we love the Lord Jesus Christ, if we do the best we can to live the gospel, then tomorrow - and every other day - is ultimately going to be magnificent, even if we do not recognize it as such. Why? Because your Heavenly Father wants it to be!" -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. :)
  • "For God LOVES His children." -Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
  • My Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, atoned and died for ME.
    • How many times I have looked my sweet friends here in Poland in the eyes, with tears in mine, and told them with no doubt in my mind that the atonement of Christ was and is for THEM. That Jesus Christ knows, and loves THEM with all His heart, and is there to carry them every step of the way... But have never felt worthy enough to think that He did that for me, Alexis Kamp... But he did. Let him love you. Let Him comfort you. Let Him carry you through it all. You're never alone - He is always there. 
I wish I had more time to tell you all the amazing spiritual experiences I've had, that tought me those things and so much more... But I testify of the truthfulness of all these things with everything I am.

In my studies this week, I found a verse that describes exactly what I want to sum up in this email. :) The prophet Nephi, and a random sister missionary in Łódź, Poland, write...

"I know the Lord God loveth His children. Nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." :)

I don't know it all, and that's okay. :) But of this I'm sure - The Lord loves you SO much. :)

And so do I.

Have a wonderful week, and a happy Halloween!! :)
Z miłością,
Siostra Kamp


The district :) Left to Right: Starszy Dickson, Starszy Byrd, Starszy Alvarez, Starszy Reid, Wojtek Kapela (he just finishes his mission, and is now back home in Łódź!!), Siostra Van and I :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment